Newbie

Julio Biason julio.biason at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 12:15:17 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 13:59 +0200, Karl J=?ISO-8859-1?B?5A==?=rnhammer
wrote:
>  Anyway when everything is filled in as prompted leaving the security
> option as 'never' Evolution returns the message Error while fetching
> mail: Host lookup failed (followed by the address of my server) and
> the line  'Temporary failure in name resolution'. In Firefox I
> get ........  ........ Could not be found. Please check the name ant
> try again.

This (and your problem with Firefox) seems to be DNS related. Take a
look on "System" -> "Administration" -> "Networking". There is a "DNS"
tab. Check the values.

I don't know how you connect to the internet so I can't really point if
that will fix your problem: if you are using a dynamic IP (using DHCP),
it should be correctly set by the system.

--
Julio Biason <julio.biason at gmail.com>