Praising Opera 9

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Sat Jul 8 09:15:24 UTC 2006

Alf-Ivar Holm schrieb:
> Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> writes:
>
>> Does Opera finally have something that's at least as good and easily
>> usable as Adblock+ on Firefox?
>
> Click button 3 (X terminology-ish), choose "Block content ...",

Hm. I've got no "Block content ...". See http://www.myimg.de/?img=Operav9Clickwith3rdButtononeBa.jpg

To get this menu, I clicked with the right mouse button on the eBay Logo.
If I click with the middle mouse button, the URL from the "clipboard"
is loaded in the current Tab.

But when I go to Preferences -> Content -> Blocked Content, I see
that I could add sites there: http://www.myimg.de/?img=Operav9PreferencesBlockedconte.png

How can I block content without having to resort to the site from which
the content comes? Say, I don't want to see any content which has
a 'class="banner"' attribute in the HTML tag. How to do that?

> on the ads you don't want to see, click "Done", the ads are removed
> and the page resizes, unless the ad is contained in a fixed container
> of some sort.  Looks a bit similar to the Flashblock in Firefox's
> Adblock.  Which is better or more usable is up to you.

If Opera only has this "Blocked Content" dialog, than I'd say that
Adblock is *WAY* better. The blocked content thing is just one part
of what Adblock+ has to offer.

Alexander Skwar
--
Vaterland nennt der Staat immer dann, wenn er sich anschickt, auf
Menschenmord auszugehen.