Praising Opera 9

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Sat Jul 8 07:22:37 UTC 2006

ubuntu at rio.vg schrieb:
> Alexander Skwar wrote:
>>>>
>>> You can't change the settings from within the web browser,
>>
>> So it's more cumbersome.
>
> Actually, I'd say the opposite.  Though you can't change the settings
> from within the browser, unlike AdBlock, you don't have to.  It just works.

Adblock+ also just works. But if you wish to tweak the settings, it's far
easier to do so in Adblock+. BTW: Can you easily, with just one click
disable the blocker without having to resort to yet another piece of otherwise
unrequired software?

>>> I don't know what you mean by collapsing layers.
>>
>> If a layer <div> is empty because the content is blocked, does privoxy
>> remove the complete layer? Suppose there was an image of 468x80 and
>> it was blocked - what's happening with the now free space? Basically: Does
>> privoxy do web page rewriting? Because that'll be required for such a
>> feature to work.
>
> Yes, it will edit the web page.  What process it uses, I really haven't
> looked into.  It just works, so I don't have to bother with the
> whack-a-mole process AdBlock requires.

What are you talking about? AdBlock+ doesn't require some whack-a-mole
process. It just works, unlike Privoxy, which is, like you say, cumbersome
to use and not as flexible.

Alexander Skwar
--
Vaterland nennt der Staat immer dann, wenn er sich anschickt, auf
Menschenmord auszugehen.