gnome-clipboard-daemon

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Jul 7 21:37:46 UTC 2006

Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Carl Karsten schrieb:
>> http://lwn.net/Articles/67795/
>> "GnomeDesktop.org mentions the GNOME Clipboard Daemon as a solution to
>> some of the problems with cut and paste operations under the X window
>> system. "
>>
>> Where can I get it?
>
> Isn't that integrated in Gnome? I mean, I can easily select a text
> in GEdit, hit <ctrl>+<c> to *copy* it to the clipboard and then close
> GEdit. The text will still be there - on systems without Gnome/KDE/...,
> <ctrl>+<c> wouldn't do anything and if the application were closed which
> had the selected text, it wouldn't be pasteable in another application.

What I am really trying to do is get text from stdout into an email (like this
one) using something like xclip.   seems xclip uses one clipboard, and
Thunderbird (and OOWriter) uses another.

you can also see this with gnome-terminal, vi - Shift+Insert and right click +
paste have different clipboards.

Carl K