gnome-clipboard-daemon

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Fri Jul 7 21:22:34 UTC 2006

Carl Karsten schrieb:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/67795/
> "GnomeDesktop.org mentions the GNOME Clipboard Daemon as a solution to some of
> the problems with cut and paste operations under the X window system. "
>
> Where can I get it?

Isn't that integrated in Gnome? I mean, I can easily select a text
in GEdit, hit <ctrl>+<c> to *copy* it to the clipboard and then close
GEdit. The text will still be there - on systems without Gnome/KDE/...,
<ctrl>+<c> wouldn't do anything and if the application were closed which
had the selected text, it wouldn't be pasteable in another application.

Alexander Skwar
--
Vaterland nennt der Staat immer dann, wenn er sich anschickt, auf
Menschenmord auszugehen.