Grub set up

Nate e70423 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 22:59:26 UTC 2006

Richard E. Barmann wrote:
> Is there any order that grub assigns hd numbers? I am still trying to set the
> dual boot. I have tried many combinations.
> Dick Barmann

Hard drive numbers are controlled by your Master Partition Table, not by
your Master Boot Record (the space that Grub uses)... to see which hard
drives you're using, and what numbers are assigned to them, I'd suggest
you'd boot up a livecd like SLAX and use the command "fdisk /dev/hda"
and then type 'p' to print out information about
 your current partition table, which includes partition numbers (like
/dev/hda2).