how to convert to ReiserFS ?

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Mon Jul 3 21:32:30 UTC 2006

Alan McKinnon schrieb:

> I very much doubt that there are any major bugs left in either fs. Both
> are equally mature now to be equally stable, and both reached the point
> of stability a long time ago.

Exactly.

  It's now a question of which fs's tools do
> you know better as the major decision maker

Not only. ext3 is badly suited for notebooks, as ext3 has a forced
commit every some (30?) seconds, even if there were no changes at
all. Because of that, harddrives will never go to sleep when ext3
is used.

Next bad thing about ext3 is, that the journal is at just one "tiny" spot.
This might break harddrives faster, as the harddrive will read and
write to just one spot *very* often.

How about resizing? Does ext3 support growing the fs while it's
online (== mounted)?

Alexander Skwar
--
Wußten Sie schon...