Evolution and dapper

Jasper Houtman ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Jul 2 22:55:43 UTC 2006

I also had the same problem with evolution and I installed a seperate
program to filter out my spam.

'Mailbox sweeper ' (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mailbox-sweeper/)is
a java based program with a graphical interface and should be much
easier to set up by new ubuntu users.

Just install it in your home directory and run it by typing:
java -jar MailboxSweeper.jar
in the terminal in the program directory.

Running it from the menu or a launcher takes a bit more effort:
Open your text editor and type in the following lines.

Code:
--------------------

  cd /directory/directory/mailboxsweeper
  java -jar MailboxSweeper.jar

Replace /directory/directory/mailboxsweeper with the directory you
installed the program in.
And save the file as mailboxsweeper.sh in the programs directory

Now create a new menu item or launcher. Use the browse button to select
the mailboxsweeper.sh file and set it to run in the terminal.
save the item and you can start the program from your menu/panel or
launcher.

--
Jasper Houtman