How to get KWorld TV Tuner working under Linux

Santanu Chatterjee thisissantanu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 09:10:48 UTC 2006

On 6/28/06, wenzlicker <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> I had the same problem with that card. This is how I fixed it.
>
> 'HERE' (http://tinyurl.com/lkuy9)
> and
> (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=107932&highlight=bttv)
> and
> (http://xawdecode.sourceforge.net/aideUS/htmlpage/TVCardall.htm)
>
> Remeber, if you live inside the USA, you have NTSC (for my card it was
> tuner 2). In the above links, there are links to card and tuner lists.
> find the right tuner/card combination and put it in the bttv file as
> described. One of the articles says no restart is need ("sudo modprobe
> -r bttv to unload sudo modprobe bttv to load"). This did NOT work for
> me. I had to do a restart.

First of all, thanks for the links. I will definitely check them out soon, and
report back on Monday or Tuesday.

I am in India where we have PAL_BG. So, I think the tuner will be 5.
So far, I have tried _all_ the 120 card types with tuner=5,
and _all_ the 45 tuner types with card=78, but none worked.

I had also followed this link for this card (KWorld VS-TV878RF):
but I was not successful.

I had done 'rmmod' each time before trying a new driver. Maybe that's why it
did not work. I will try by restarting now (after modifying the
/etc/modules.d/bttv file) and will follow your links.

Regards,
Santanu