Unicode Text on Linux and WindowsXP

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 01:05:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-26-01 at 11:17 -0500, Derrick Hudson wrote:
> Hopefully this will help point you in the right direction.  I have
> never used non-ASCII characters in file names.  Furthermore, I have
> not been able to find any way of changing Windows to use UTF-8 instead
> of CP1252.

Windows uses UTF-8 by default.  You have to switch it away from UTF-8 if
you want to use something else.  (I routinely use files with Chinese
filenames which emphatically do not exist under CP1252.)

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn