How to run Firefox1.5 without sudo

Toby Kelsey toby_kelsey at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 24 19:26:27 UTC 2006

Mehdi Hassanpour wrote:
> Thanks Sasha,
>
> But the No.1 didn't solve my problem and I can't do the No.2 becaz other
> users on same machine may like to use firefox...

Try the following commands

sudo chmod -R a+r /opt/firefox
sudo find /opt/firefox -type f -perm '+u=x' -exec chmod a+x '{}' ';'

If that doesn't work, please let us know what message you get when you try to run firefox.

When you installed it, the permissions should have been set up to work properly.
The best thing may be to remove and reinstall it.  When you extract the tar file,
use the '--no-same-owner' option.

Toby