[dapper] lo interface

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 24 14:12:59 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 11:41 +0100, Tobias Hunger wrote:

> What happened for me is the following: The ifupdown-clean init script is
> responsible for making sure ifupdown starts with a clean slate by removing
> its state file. This failed since the root fs is mounted readonly when the
> script is run. Only after the root fs is checked for errors it is mounted
> read/write. The state file I had around stick around did list "lo" as being
> up, so the ifupdown init script skipped that interface when it tried to bring
> up all interfaces marked "auto" in /etc/network/interfaces later in the boot
> sequence.

This was mentioned in the release notes of Flight 3 ... specifically
that after an unclean shutdown this file isn't empty (it's also supposed
to get cleaned on shutdown).

I've got fixed packages for it (they move the network state file
to /var/run which is a tmpfs now), which also fix all network interface
problems (not being hotplugged, etc.) but there's a slight but I'm going
to fix today before I upload.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant