Calender App

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 23 20:46:02 UTC 2006

Wade Smart wrote:
> 01232006 1415 GMT-6
>
> I used to use the Mozilla calender but its no longer available. I just
> read that its built into firefox and thunderbird but you have to specify
> that in the build process.
>
> What a hassle.
>
> I know there is Evolution but that is a lot of trouble just for the cal
> function.
>
> Any good calenders you guys/gals know of?
>
> Wade

Depending on how sophisticated a calendar you want, you might consider
something like korganizer, or a firefox extension like ReminderFox, which
is also available for Thunderbird.

Korganizer is part of the standard Ubuntu repositories.

ReminderFox can be found at:
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1191&application=firefox

I'm not a fan of Evolution but I like both of the above.  Gnome has some
personal information management (PIM) stuff as well, but it's in less
officially supported.  Dunno how it compares to other stuff.

--
 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7
 Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team     |     WWW: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/KevinCole

 "Using vi is not a sin. It's a penance." -- St. IGNUcious, Church of Emacs