Adding nVidia PCI card to system

Marc Zuverink marc_zuverink at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 18 16:19:21 UTC 2006

Recently switched from Mandriva to Ubuntu and have a situation regarding
nVidia cards.
In Mandriva my PCI nVidia GForce2 MX 400 was automatically configured
properly by the installer and I had no problems.  When installing Ububtu
the installer froze up and would not finish the installation after the
detection stage of hardware.  The screen would go black with a
non-blinking cursor, and the system would freeze up.  The install would
not finish and I would have to restart.   The restart would result in an
unfinish/incomplete install.
I removed the card and reinstalled relying on the onboard Intel graphics
and had no problems.
However I would now like to reinsert the nvidia pci card, but am unsure
of the process.
Could someone please help me out with this?

Thanks.

--
~marc <marc_zuverink at sbcglobal.net>

Uncle Sam comes off as the perverted relative who'll offer you a bit of candy, but if you won't bend over for him, you get a beating.