Ubuntu/Kubuntu on Mac G5.
globetrotterdk at mac.com
Tue Jan 17 13:29:48 UTC 2006
Thanks. Here is my first experience after having downloaded and
burned Kubuntu Dapper (Flight 3) Live CD:
1) rsync failed on boot.
2) Got an error message that atsd had crashed.
3) When I went into the netwok connections panel, I got prompted as
to my configuration as KDE didn't recognize it. Set it to Ubuntu
Breezy, but got prompt every time I opened the system prefs. Even
with the config set to Breezy, the connections remained grayed out,
so I couldn't set the Ethernet to active status as I could with the
Ubuntu (Gnome) Dapper 3 Live CD version.
4) Same fan acceleration as in Ubuntu.
5) Startup graphics pixelated as in Ubuntu.
6) KDE was irritating in general as it kept prompting for a root/
administrator password (what is it on a live CD?).
7) Kicker either crashed on shutdown or else the message was hidden
behind the artsd crash message.
Anything I can do about any of the above from the live CD? Should I
risk an install? Are these issues fixable if I install?
On 17. jan 2006, at 0.01, john levin wrote:
> Brian Durant wrote:
> Can only help you with q3:
>> 3) Kubuntu Dapper (Flight 3) Live CD (I only found Ubuntu and want
>> to decide which one I want to install.).
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
More information about the ubuntu-users