Resizing multiple image files at once

Kim Briggs patiodragon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:18:37 UTC 2006

On 1/14/06, Ronny Haryanto <ronnylist at haryan.to> wrote:
> On Sunday 15 January 2006 03:17, 'Forum Post, '@wailuku.xlogicgroup.com wrote:
> > Gimp works, but i have to do it picture for picture.
> >
> > I have 64 images to go.... i dont like the idea that i have to do 50
> > images next week again..... so i am searching for the batch-method.
> >
> > I can resize, but not a group of images.
>
> If you have imagemagick installed, you can cook a short bash script utilising
> 'mogrify', like so (adjust seasoning to your liking):
>
> for img in *.jpg; do echo $img; mogrify -resize 640x480 $img; done
>
> Run 'mogrify -help' for more options. Other useful program from imagemagick
> that I use quite often is 'convert'.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Ronny

Greetings,

I agree Image Magick is the simplest way to do this.  Here is a script
that resizes and adds a "tag line" to your photo.  This could be very
useful for people who want to publish their photos on the web.

http://kimbriggs.com/computers/computer-software/resize-photos.txt

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com