[Dapper-i386] lilypond-data won't install/uninstall.

Scott angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Jan 13 15:23:08 UTC 2006

Now I'd just like to get rid of it but.....

$ sudo dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/lilypond-data_2.6.3-9_all.deb
(Reading database ... 353451 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace lilypond-data 2.6.3-9 (using
.../lilypond-data_2.6.3-9_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement lilypond-data ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/lilypond-data.postrm: line 23: /usr/bin/kpsewhich: No
such file or directory
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 23: /usr/bin/kpsewhich: No such file
or directory
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/lilypond-data_2.6.3-9_all.deb (--install):
  subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 1
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 23: /usr/bin/kpsewhich: No such file
or directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
  subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
  /var/cache/apt/archives/lilypond-data_2.6.3-9_all.deb

$ sudo dpkg -r lilypond-data dpkg: error processing lilypond-data
(--remove):
  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
  lilypond-data

$ sudo dpkg -r lilypond-data remove-reinstreq
dpkg: error processing lilypond-data (--remove):
  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
dpkg - warning: ignoring request to remove remove-reinstreq which isn't
installed.
  lilypond-data

Any ideas?  I can't install any other packages right now and I've got
quite a few of them waiting in the wings from a recent "apt-get upgrade".

Thanks

--
Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com