rkhunter and some hidden directories.

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Fri Jan 13 07:11:35 UTC 2006

Hello,

I installed rkhunter as someone recently recommended it to someone else on
this list. It listed in its daly mail to me that I had some files of
interest. I realised that /etc/.java was probably OK, esp when I looked at
the conf file and saw that it was listed as something to uncomment.
However there were two directories in /dev which I thought I'd better ask
about.

I have a folder called /dev/.udevdb . This seems to make sense but there
is also one called /dev/.static which has one folder and in this folder
appears to be a duplicate of all the folders in /dev itself. Is this
correct?

Shelagh