Ati Radeon X300 Mobility freezes unihbernate or unsuspend?

Mario Splivalo mario.splivalo at mobart.hr
Wed Jan 11 09:09:28 UTC 2006

I have IBM Thinkpad R52 with Ati Radeon X300. Here is what lspci shows:

mario at mike:~$ lspci | grep ati
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown
device 5460
mario at mike:~$

Now, I also have flglx driver for x-org. I can suspend to ram, or
suspend do disk, but the 'wake up' doesn't work. When suspended to ram
the laptop 'wakes up' (I can hear the fan), but the screen goes bezerk,
and the machine freezes. Same thing with suspend to disk, just there is
no screen bezerk, machine just freezes when the numbers reach 100%.

Now, when I remove flglx driver from x.org.conf file, everything seems
to be ok. Now I wonder, is there a workaround for this? I use flglx
mainly for Unreal (wich runs too darn fast - I even disabled CPU
throttling, no luck), so I could live without fglx driver, but still,
I'd like to have that fixed.

So I'd appreciate any clues.

Thank you in advance.

	Mario
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art
mario.splivalo at mobart.hr

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."