DHCP in Breezy

Ashwani Jain ashwani at gisil.com
Wed Jan 11 08:24:50 UTC 2006

Hi

        I am using Breezy Badger (Ubuntu 5.10).  DHCP and DNS servers
are configured on it.  But problem with DHCP is that when I run command
$sudo /etc/init.d/dhcp3-server start    it start the server and OK
appears on the screen but when I issued command
$sudo /etc/init.d/dhcp3-server stop     to stop the server, it show
FAIL .

If I start the server using    $sudo /etc/init.d/dhcp3-server start  ,
in $ps -e it shows that DHCP server is running This DHCP server does not
work properly, sometimes issues IPs to the systems coming onto the
network and sometimes does not.  Sometimes create entry
in /var/lib/dhcp3/dhcpd.leases and sometimes not.  I have tried to
remove the DHCP server and install again but it did not solve the
problem.  Also tried by rebuilding new dhcpd.conf file but no result.

Same config file (dhcpd.conf) was working perfactly with Ubuntu 5.04.

Could you please help.

Ashwani Jain