Virtual Host at Apache2

MrKnisely mrknisely at mrknisely.is-a-geek.org
Wed Jan 11 04:26:52 UTC 2006

Soo-Hyun Choi wrote:

>>Have you check to see that your DNS is working properly for both of
>>these domains?
>>

>What do you mean by this? Would you say that again?
>

>>Mike K.
>>
>>--

I'm talking about a difference between Apache and Apache2.  With Apache2
they've made it "easier" to run virtual servers.

You should configure things like this in your
/etc/apache2/sites-available/ directory.  List the files located there.
If you haven't made any changes there is probably only going to be one.
Edit that file and you'll see what I mean.

Next, to enable a website you create a sym-link to that file in youre
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled directory.

I still think you could have DNS related issues too.  Specifically, when
you ping the different domains associated with your URLs, do you get the
IP of the webserver on which you are running these sites?

Mike K.