Linksys Wireless-G (WPC54G v.3)

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon Jan 9 15:26:43 UTC 2006

>> On Friday, Jan 06, 2006 5:27 PM Alessandro Ferrucci said:
>>
>> > The only option at the time is to use ndiswrapper.
>> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/forum/hardware/ndiswrapper
>> > There are 'reversed engineered' drivers for the Broadcom
>> > chipset (the chip in your WPC54g) but not very complete or
>> > usuable yet from what I've seen.
>>
>> Yes, you can infact get a progress report from:
>> http://linux-bcom4301.sourceforge.net/go/progress to see
>> how many instructions they've turned into usable code.

Thanks for the information.  I'll see if I can get it working and come
back here if I have any specific questions.

If you were buying a wireless card for a laptop and wanted to spend as
little as possible, what would you get?  What about for a desktop?  I
have a machine that I want to located in my living room (it's set up as
a Ogg Vorbis juke box) and I don't feel like running wires to it.  The
network would only be for uploading new songs and configuration so speed
isn't a huge issue.  Are there wireless devices that just work (TM) with
Ubuntu?

--
Henry