Ubuntu on Mac Laptops

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 01:23:40 UTC 2006

On 1/6/06, Niran Babalola <niran at niran.org> wrote:
> On 1/5/06, Al Gordon <runlevel7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I ended up buying a mini
>
> Make sure you check to see what Apple announces next week. They'll
> probably bump the specs on the mini, and from what I've heard, they
> let you exchange it for the new one of you just bought it. I don't
> know the details, and this might only be true for OS upgrades (i.e.
> you buy a computer with 10.3 right before 10.4 comes out, then they'll
> give you a 10.4 CD). I just thought I'd throw it out there as
> something you should definitely look into.

Just as an FYI:

They won't let you exchange the _hardware_ (at least, not that I've
ever heard). What will happen, however, is that sometimes pre-existing
orders will automatically be "bumped" to ship the new computer, even
if the cost is higher.

As for OS upgrades... with OS upgrades, usually you can get a free or
low-cost upgrade if you bought your Mac within a certain date range.

Eric.