mounting NFS shares

Rob Blomquist rob.blomquist at verizon.net
Sat Jan 7 01:03:50 UTC 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 1:29 am, Colin Brace so eloquently stated:
> How do I mount an NFS share in Ubuntu? I have tried following the
> instructions here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NFSClientHowTo to no avail; I
> don't see the remote share under /net. Neither does the "Connect to server"
> command under the Places menu offer NFS as a "service type". Thanks.

I just moved to Ubuntu from Mandriva, and I had a heck of a time with my NFS
connections, until I found out that portmap does not seem to come along with
NFS as a dependancy. So while it worked, NFS mounts were taking several
minutes to be done instead of in the press of a return key as they are now.