dapper thunderbird resetting my mail account?

Charlie Zender zender at uci.edu
Sat Feb 25 17:09:14 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am running the Dapper development code.
The latest repository (a few days ago) updated my system
to mozilla-thunderbird mail application version 1.5.
Now when I start thunderbird, it asks me to reconfigure my mail
accounts---it looks like thunderbird is going to set up a whole
new user profile for me. I have a perfectly good user profile
and _lots_ of mail already sitting in my ~/.mozilla-thunderbird
directory so I am nervous that I will lose all my past mail.
What's going on and how do I make sure the new thunderbird continues
to use the same accounts as the previous version of thunderbird?

Any help appreciated,
Charlie
--
Charlie Zender, surname at uci.edu, Department of Earth System Science
3228 Croul Hall, UC Irvine, Irvine CA 92697-3100. (949) 824-2987 :)