Chinese in occidental keyboard

Xerman Soto xsoto_pe at yahoo.es
Fri Feb 24 17:25:14 UTC 2006

Hello list,

I'm running breezy amd64 now, though plan to switch to dapperx86 due to
work needs and need to write chinese in this machine.

I have installed SCIM as stated in ubuntu-guide and I'm able to select
chinese input method, but i cannot get no app to show chinese characters
at all.
Preferences of SCIM are also working as I'm able to modify settings but
that's it.
I'm able to write russian though, but this was a lot easier as just had
to set the keyboard layout, but with chinese I'm pretty stuck. Any help
would be appreciated.

Regards
xermán

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.