Driver "fglrx", 3D acceleration and Ati Radeon 7500

Max Andersen max at militant.dk
Thu Feb 23 11:29:16 UTC 2006

Guillermo Latorre wrote:
> ¡Hello everyone!
>
> I use Ubuntu Dapper, recently upgraded, on my Thinkpad T41 laptop.
> I was using Breezy and no problems with 3D acceleration on my ATI Radeon
> 7500 Mobility. When I installed Ubuntu, the card was succesfully
> installed by
> Ubuntu during the system installation process.
>
> That systema was Breezy. Now I have upgraded to Ubuntu Dapper and I have
> lost the 3D acceleration.

snip
> Can you help me?

Maybe. I had exactly the same problem, and you'll have to dissect the
8.22.5 driver form ATI and manually do the recompiling, etc. They
apparently have hardcoded something in the driver.

If you want it, I can attach my bash_history file, or maybe we could
talk on irc to get it done?

I followed a guide from Cerebral (archlinux user), who helped me get it
to work on dapper.

I have an T42P with FireGL T2. Write to me offlist.

Sincerely
Max