Driver "fglrx", 3D acceleration and Ati Radeon 7500

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Thu Feb 23 14:54:27 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 22.02.2006, 21:27 +0100 schrieb Guillermo Latorre:
> ¡Hello everyone!
>
> I use Ubuntu Dapper, recently upgraded, on my Thinkpad T41 laptop.
> I was using Breezy and no problems with 3D acceleration on my ATI Radeon
> 7500 Mobility. When I installed Ubuntu, the card was succesfully
> installed by
> Ubuntu during the system installation process.
>
> That systema was Breezy. Now I have upgraded to Ubuntu Dapper and I have
> lost the 3D acceleration.

guillermo,
are you sure you used fglrx and not the 'radeon' driver?
i'm asking this because of the fact that the fglrx-driver only supports
cards higher than radeon 8500. so maybe you just have to use radeon
instead of fglrx?

here are the supported cards for fglrx
http://tinyurl.com/gjngm

(tinyurl because the ati-url is too long :)

hth

ulrich