Trying to use two diff. size monitors for dual setup

Charles Malespin ubuntu.physicist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 01:07:42 UTC 2006

Hi all, I have a Dell desktop with a 17" LCD. I am getting ready to
acquire a 20 Widescreen Dell monitor, my question is can I run them
together to make a dual screen setup? I dont know anything about this,
never set one up, so please go slowly with directions.
here is my lspci printout, I think(fairly sure) I have an ATI X300 video
card with the stock drivers.

lspci | grep ATI 0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI
Technologies Inc: Unknown device 5b60
0000:01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device
5b70

Is there anything else I should include here? I havent gotten the 20" in
the mail yet, so I dont even know if it will plug and play(it should
though right?)
Thanks,
Charles