How do I associate exe files with Wine?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Thu Feb 23 02:25:35 UTC 2006

Ubuntu Users,

    Using Synaptic, I installed Wine on my machine. Although I can't
find xWine or anything like it in my Gnome panel, FireFox does give me
the option of opening an .exe file with Wine.

    However, if I've already downloaded the .exe, and I want to run it,
Wine does not seem to be associated with the file.

    I tried to click on "Properties", and "Open With", but there are no
applications to select from. Further, Wine does not show up on the list
of available applications when one clicks "Add".

    Where has Wine gone, and how do I get .exe files to open with it?

--
Dave M G