WEP encryption does not work

monotux at gmail.com monotux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 10:40:50 UTC 2006

When you have enabled WEP encryption on both your AP and your client,
always make sure that your client have associated with the AP - this is
not very hard to do, simply run iwconfig, for example:

iwconfig eth1

The output should contain something like this:
Access Point: 00:0F:B5:XX:XX:XX

...but the MAC address will be your AP's instead of mine.
If your computer hasn't associated with your AP, the MAC address will be
blanc (ie, 00:00:00:00:00:00).

If they haven't associated, you need to check your WEP-key, or wait a
minute or two.

Oscar