WEP encryption does not work

Camuzat Sebastien camuzat_s at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 12:18:27 UTC 2006

Dear Oscar,
In fact, typing iwconfig eth1 gives a valid mac
address which might be the one of the AP. But still no
access to the internet.
It gives
 IEEE 802.11b/g  ESSID:"myessid"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Access
Point: 00:12:17:XX:XX:XX

          Bit Rate:54 Mb/s   Tx-Power=31 dBm
Sensitivity=20/200
          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:2347 B
Fragment thr:2346 B
          Link Quality=240/0  Signal level=-36 dBm
Noise level=-8 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx
invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0
Missed beacon:0

seb