Firefox & Thunderbird stopped working [SOLVED].

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Thu Dec 28 12:10:25 UTC 2006

Well since either a) nobody had any idea of how to help or b) nobody saw
this post I did some more work on the problem and I got Firefox and
Thunderbird working again.

I'm still baffled as to what happened.

But my "fix" was back up ~/.Mozilla and ~/.Mozilla-Thunderbird, delete
the originals and start over from scratch.  I then just copied the files
from the old profiles into the new.  However, unlike with Thunderbird,
this didn't' work with Firefox so I just started completely from scratch
(I did import my bookmarks.html file from the backed up directory though).

But if one were to work, I had hoped it would be Thunderbird and
thankfully it did.

I still don't get what happened though. It makes no sense.

--
	Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com