Problems with new iPod and Edgy

Ed Smits ed.smits at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 14:41:56 UTC 2006

More on the new iPod problem outlined below, maybe this might help.
Unfortunately I'm out of my league here...

1) when I do "sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda2 /media/ipod/" the iPod is
mounted, however Amarok reports that the user doesn't have permission
to connect to the iPod. I've tried various combinations of options to
give her permission when mounting, haven't yet figured it out,
although that's my stupidity and I assume I'll figure that out
eventually.

2) I added "/dev/sda2 /media/ipod vfat  user,noauto     0       0" to
her fstab, connected the iPod. It mounted fine, but then a few minutes
later the system recognises the iPod a second time (This time
correctly, as an "Apple iPod Music Player"), so now we have 2 iPod
system connected, at which point neither one works - the Apple one
can't be mounted (dmesg says unrecognised file system), the ipod one
says it's already mounted.

ED