Ubuntu 6.10 and compiz -HOWTO?

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 25 04:54:33 UTC 2006

Jonathan Hudson <jh+ubuntu at daria.co.uk>  said:
> If you want a usable compiz, you may find that the "gandalfn"
> repository gives you a more up to date and usable system (inc the
> compiz-tray-icon and preferences editor).
>
> Please see
> <http://gandalfn.wordpress.com/howto/howto-compiz-aiglx-on-edgy/>
>
> Works really well for me in Edgy on i386 (and with the same stuff
> compiled from source), on PPC.

I've tried the gandalfn repository (twice now since your suggestion)
and have found it doesn't work on my box.  Could it be an ATI/nVidia
difference?  The Ubuntu repository version /does/ work for me but only
wobbly windows and the tiling of windows within one desktop.  I can't
find how to work the cube, the annotation or any of the other 3d
spiffies.  I don't find a config package anywhere.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop
	Winduhs