Ubuntu 6.10 and compiz -HOWTO?

Jonathan Hudson jh+ubuntu at daria.co.uk
Sun Dec 24 16:16:52 UTC 2006

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 08:53:27 -0600
"Cybe R. Wizard" <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I've gotten compiz installed from the repositories and windows now
> wobble but I can't seem to find how to do anything else.  I'm anxious
> to see the desktop-changing cube and lots more of the eye candy but
> can't seem to scope it out.
> All the compiz instructions I've found are pertaining only to
> installation, not use.  Does anybody know of any documentation for
> compiz use or is it too fast-moving a target just yet?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

If you want a usable compiz, you may find that the "gandalfn"
repository gives you a more up to date and usable system (inc the
compiz-tray-icon and preferences editor).

Please see
<http://gandalfn.wordpress.com/howto/howto-compiz-aiglx-on-edgy/>

Works really well for me in Edgy on i386 (and with the same stuff
compiled from source), on PPC.

-jonathan