Stopping nautilus managing the desktop
vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun Dec 24 14:34:36 UTC 2006
"David Holden" <dvdhldn at gmail.com> wrote:
> but the desktop still seems to be managed by nautilus.
> Anyone know if its possible to change this?
First, you must stop Nautilus from starting when you log on:
- Go to System->Preferences->Sessions
- Click on "automatically save on log-out", so it remembers NOT to load
Nautilus ext time you log-in
- Select the "current session" tab
- scroll down the list to find Nautilus, and select it
- click on "remove"
- log out and log in again, Nautilus should now not manage your desktop
(since it's not loaded anymore)
Then if you still want to start Nautilus (although I understand that's
not your goal here ;-), start it with like this:
this will prevent Nautilus from attempting to regain control of the
More information about the ubuntu-users