dapper with dual core not recognize Intel 3945 card

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Fri Dec 22 13:06:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-21-12 at 14:37 -0800, wei li wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can use my Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 card in dapper on a dual core
> with i386 kernel.  But, when I changed the kernel to i686, which
> supports SMPs, dapper can not recognize the card anymore.

didy ou install linux-restricted-modules for the new kernel?  ipw3945 is
included in the ubuntu kernel, but the firmware and I think maybe also
the daemon are in the l-r-m package.  You can actually just copy the
firmware and daemon over to
/lib/firmware/kernel-name
and
/sbin/ipw3945d-kernel-name

instead of installing l-r-m, but it's recommended to do the latter.

matt