usb scrambles screen

Linda Hanigan haniganwork at earthlik.net
Tue Dec 19 20:50:13 UTC 2006

Hi,
  I use usb flash drives for backup they are formated with and extended
3 file system. I have about 10 usb that I have been doing this with.
Today I created an ext3 file system on a new usb flash drive mounted it
created the directories used for the backup. Then when I went to mount
it on the computer I wanted to backup, it scramled the display. I had to
reboot you could not even ssh in. I tried it again on the computer I
used to create it. Again the same thing happened. I assume it is just a
bad flash drive but wondered if any of you have any thoughts.
                       Thanks
                       Linda