Old pc faster than ecent

Brad Johnson brad at bkjohnson.com
Fri Dec 15 10:46:10 UTC 2006

Not to be argumentative, you could be correct, but once the laptop is
loaded and he can view system monitor, many processes have loaded and
already gone to sleep (therefore freeing up RAM). It will be when those
processes are loading or are being used that will put his memory usage
over the 256MB and cause the use of swap.