update-manager broken after edgy upgrade

qt4x11 qt4x11 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 18:23:33 UTC 2006

On 12/12/06, Hervé Fache <Herve at lucidia.net> wrote:

> Please try the following to try and fix update-manager:
> 'sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install update-manager'
> And report what happens.

Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com edgy-backports/universe Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com edgy-backports/multiverse Packages
Fetched 4B in 1s (3B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
update-manager is already the newest version.

If no errors came up, try running
> update-manager again.

It tells me it is already upgraded.  But when I try to run update-manager, I
get the same python errors as before.

I have also tried reinstalling update-manager (and ubuntu-desktop) via
synaptic.  No errors, but I still get the same python errors.

Thanks,
Redmond

Otherwise, follow the instructions apt-get will