Booting Ubuntu

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Sun Dec 10 08:23:42 UTC 2006

e_eagle at charter.net wrote:
> Cant get the Ubuntu CD (ISO burned by me) to load.   Looks like Windows XP is overriding!!

Have you tried to set the boot order in the BIOS differently? I suspect,
that in that boot order your hard disk is checked earlier than the CD
drive. Try changing the order and you should succeed.[1]

Cheers

Carsten

[1] Since there are an awful lot of different BIOS versions out there, I
cannot tell you how to change it. Sometimes it's hitting + or - on the
listed devices, some tell you something like: primary boot option,
secondary boot option, ...