Back to Windows...

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Fri Dec 8 03:31:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 18:52 -0800, Roger Neth Jr wrote:

> I had a huge upgrade of Edgy this morning. I have rebooted yet to see
> how it effects the system. I was wondering if rebooting would be
> necessary for the Xorg upgrades to take effect?

My understanding that a reboot is only need when the kernel is updated.
If xorg is updated then I think just logging out and logging back in
again will restart xorg.

If shit happens, and xorg updates have proven to be iffy in the past,
then you will find your self having to do a "sudo dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xorg" ....

Personally when I see a xorg update I don't take it anymore. I would
perhaps do that update later after seeing if it caused problems for
people.

Cheers,
Chanchao