[OT]Re: The End of Linux

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Wed Dec 6 18:06:54 UTC 2006

That guy talks straight through his ass...
I've been around Unix since 1976 (6 years after it's inception), and
seen so many advances take place over the last (OMG!) 30 years, that I
can't even count them all any more.
So, from what this nutball is saying -
a) Sun, Hewlett-Packard, Dec, Unisys, Cray, Sequent, Singer-Link/Harris,
Siemens, etc - will all close up shop completely or switch their systems
to a microshaft solution.
b) Cisco, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Dell, IBM, Siebold, SAP, COGNOS etc
- will stop producing every product that is implemented on a Unix/Linux
platform and re-develop all of their personal, small business, and
enterprise solutions with a microshaft implementation only.
c) efforts like sourceforge, open systems alliance, OSF, FSF, etc - will
be abandoned completely, since all microshaft products are strictly
per-seat controlled, and no one would _ever_ get access to source code.
d) community forums for the exchange of ideas and new product concepts
would cease entirely, since all of our requirements and specifications
for any and all software products/implementations would _magically
appear_ in the next release of winbloze...
e) It's all happening already (according to the author, this would be
taking place in the _early 200x_).

Ok.  Shut down this user group, because we shouldn't be talking about
any _new_ ideas, comrades...