When do you turn off your Ubuntu boxes?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Dec 5 19:18:31 UTC 2006

Gerry Visel wrote:

>    When it's running, it rides on air.  When it shuts down, it makes
> contact.  Leave it running.

One of the advantages of top-posting would seem to be that it leaves you
able to entirely ignore what you're responding to.

I wrote:
>> I can believe that, but that doesn't mean _no friction_, and how does it
>> insure that the "bearings" (I mean, really, we have to call something
>> that doesn't "bear" anything by another name...) can't come into contact
>> with particulates, causing them to seize?

Do you have an answer, or are you taking it on faith?  Because I have enough
experience of seized PC fans to be quite interested if you can come up with
a design that prevents it.
--
derek