Try to do an homebrew WLan-Acess-Point on a Powerbook Wallstreet

matthis ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Aug 29 15:16:30 UTC 2006

Hello,
I am trying to do the same thing, and I have followed your kind advice
but orinoco_cs is still being used.

I am using Belkin 11Mbs Wireless (cardbus) pcmcia card. In hostap.conf,
it was already listed correctly and bound to hostap_cs. However, for
some obscure reason orinoco_cs still seems to be used.

Also, /etc/init.d/pcmcia reload gives me the following result:
* Linux >= 2.6.13-rc1 requires pcmciautils instead of pcmcia-cs

Is there a new way of doing this?

Thanks

--
matthis