xorg fails after update

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 23 07:18:21 UTC 2006

Richard Mancusi Wrote:

>Which is every box I updated.  I doubt sincerely that
>the comment of
>"... only effected 2% ..." has any validity.

>Rich

I doubt the 2% also. Seems that all types of machines
and vidoe cards are envolved. I have a Dell dimensions
XPS T450 with ATI 3D Rage Pro. I fixed mine after
upgrade by unholding xserver-xorg-core(don't know why
it on hold) and the core immediately upgraded.
Rebooting had everything back to normal X. In my case,
it seems to be a dependency issue rather than a bug in
xorg-server. I'm no expert howwver. Where did the user
friendlyness go?

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net