how to install my excell pci 54Mbs Wireless Card

Stephan Vissers vissers_itm at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 23 04:50:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a technical challenge with my old Compac PIII with Ubuntu on it.
The installation is fine if I connect with a network cable to my adsl
modem. But, not wireless.
Recenctly I have bought a wireless card.
How can I install it on Ubuntu? At the moment it looks like it isn't recognized at all.
It is an Excel pci ieee802.11g 54Mbps Wireless Lan card.
It seems not to be recognized as new hardware.

All advise is welcome! I am truly unexperienced linux user, I can find the terminal and some basic commands but that's it.

Cheers, Stephan