update failure

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Sat Aug 5 11:25:49 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 10:55 -0400, John Dangler wrote:
> I have two dapper systems running, one a laptop, the other a desktop.
> The laptop showed 66 updates this morning, but when i went to update the
> desktop, it only showed 4.
> After the updates finished, I ran apt-get update to see if there was a
> hiccup on the repo's , and I got this...
>
> Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com dapper Release.gpg
>   Connection failed [IP: 146.137.96.7 80]
>
> I think this is the reason for the difference in number of packages
> updated on the two mnachines.  Are there other repo's or mirrors that we
> can use, or do we just need to be patient and retry (or wait for the
> update manager to light up) later?
For one thing don't be impatient, sometimes this type of thing will
solve itself before anyone can reply to your question.

You're using the 'us' repository, try the Canadian one or something else
nearby. Just edit those two letters in the URL.

HTH

Duncan
--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk