update failure

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Fri Aug 4 14:55:58 UTC 2006

I have two dapper systems running, one a laptop, the other a desktop.
The laptop showed 66 updates this morning, but when i went to update the
desktop, it only showed 4.
After the updates finished, I ran apt-get update to see if there was a
hiccup on the repo's , and I got this...

Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com dapper Release.gpg
  Connection failed [IP: 146.137.96.7 80]

I think this is the reason for the difference in number of packages
updated on the two mnachines.  Are there other repo's or mirrors that we
can use, or do we just need to be patient and retry (or wait for the
update manager to light up) later?